There are many ways to show that you love and care for someone. However, nothing matches the idea of giving a gift. We have been exchanging gifts for centuries, even when there were no gift cards or gift wraps.
There are gifts for every occasion – birthdays, weddings and even post-surgery gifts. Surgery is a big event for everyone, and surgeries are pretty common.
Some people undergo surgeries for medical reasons, some undergo surgeries to improve aesthetics, but whatever the reason, your friends need you during this tough time.
It doesn't matter how major or minor a surgery is, the patient is typically always under a lot of stress after the procedure and needs the love and care of friends and family. It can be an excellent time to show that you’re there for them and there can be no better way to make a statement than to get a lovely and suitable gift.
Make it a point to spend a little time on selecting a gift so that it can serve its purpose.
Post Surgery Gift Ideas: Things to Remember When Selecting a Post Surgery Gift
- The Occasion: Always buy a gift according to the occasion. You cannot buy someone the same thing that you bought your other friend on his anniversary. A gift always has to be thoughtful, so keep the seriousness of the situation in mind and choose a gift that’s apt for someone who underwent surgery. Don’t worry, we do have a nice list of post-surgery gift ideas for you, as discussed later in this article.
- The Patient: Make sure to pick a gift keeping the recipient in mind. Don’t buy something just because you like it. Instead, buy something that they’d like and appreciate. Also, check out their condition before you pick a gift. If they’ve had major surgery, they might not be able to use certain gifts until they heal. So be cautious.
- Your Budget: Gifts can be costly, so make sure to pick a gift that is under your budget. It can be easy if you’re shopping online. You can use price filters to search for items that are within your budget.
Great Post Surgery Gift Ideas For Post Surgery Gifts
Let’s now move to some cool gift ideas. We have made a list of fabulous gifts for someone who just underwent surgery. We made sure to choose a variety of options – ranging from expensive to cheap – that are are suitable for people of all ages.
1. Gifts For Children
Children need excitement and motivation to heal quickly. Gifts can help a great deal in this regard. Here are some ideas:
- Toys: Pick a toy that’s easy to use, such as a Rubik’s Cube. They can be bought for as low as $4.
- A Coloring Book: A coloring book can be a good idea as it reduces stress and can also help bring out creativity. Pick a book that’s suitable for children, and also pack in a set of crayons if you can. These typically cost about $7.
2. Gifts For Teens
Teens have a lot of energy. They want gifts that can allow them to use this energy and not feel bored while they heal.
- A Gym Bag: This can be a good gift to motivate someone to heal quickly and get back to the routine life.
- A Handheld Gaming Console: A gaming console can be a bit expensive. Decent ones start at about $80, but they are perfect for teens.
3. Gifts For Adults
- A Book: Find a fascinating It can be fiction or nonfiction. You may also get a book on the topic of surgery, for example, The Rapid Recovery Handbook: Your Complete Guide to Faster Healing After Surgery.
- A Subscription: This may sound like a strange idea to some, but it can be a handy You can buy someone a subscription to their favorite service (Netflix anyone?) for them to enjoy their favorite shows while they are in bed.
4. Gifts For Seniors
- A Blanket: Get a cozy blanket to show that you love and care for them. You may also get a blanket with therapeutic qualities, especially if they underwent a surgery that requires such care.
- Supplements: It’s a unique gift, but it has some real benefits. People need the right amount of proteins and other nutrients post-surgery to heal quickly. Quality supplements can help a great deal here.
5. Gifts For Men
They say men don’t care much about gifts but recent studies have proven otherwise.
- A Diet Book: Men love food. There can be no better gift than a diet book that’s tailor-made for them. To make it even more special, prepare a dish they’d love and feed them.
- Tickets for an Event: That’s called future planning. Buy a ticket to an event they’d love to attend (a game, a charity event, ) That’s to be held once they’ve healed. Pack in an extra ticket as well or turn it into a boy’s night.
6. Gifts For Women
Flowers and chocolates might be considered outdated by many women, but still, love such traditional gifts. How else do we sell 10 million cut flowers per day?
- A Bouquet with a Card: Pick a beautiful bouquet (remember allergies) and add in a cute Get Well Soon card and you’re good to go.
- A Makeup Kit: People look dull and tired post surgery. A makeup kit can be an excellent gift at such times.
7. Gifts For Family Members
Family members include your parents, siblings, children, grandparents, and partner. Since you live with most of them, you are supposed to know what they like. Hence, picking gifts for family members can be easy.
- Spend Time Together: This is not a tangible gift, but it’s one that has the most sentiments attached to it. Make it a point to spend a few hours with the patient to let them unwind. You two can talk about memories and other such things. Science has proven that socializing can help people heal faster, so play your role. Moreover, you can buy healthy snacks, magazines or flowers on your way to meet your loved ones for something physical to qualify as a gift.
- Do Some Charity: This has many psychological benefits. Interestingly, in many cultures, it is believed that charity can help ward off bad luck. So make it a point to give some charity under their name.
8. Gifts For Colleagues
Most people develop a special bond with their co-workers. When one isn’t able to come to work, it’s an excellent idea to make it a point to enquire and reach to them with a beautiful gift in hand.
- A Good Luck Charm: This can serve as a way to let them know that you miss them at work and cannot wait for them to be back. It can be anything from a Yoda keychain to an Evil Eye, based on what connect you two.
- A Journal: Let them not forget they are supposed to get back to work! Gift them a journal or a notebook to record all appointments – including doctor visits and recovery process – to keep them motivated to heal quickly and report back to work.
9. Gifts For Spouse
You have to be very careful when picking a gift for your partner.
- Essential Oils: This is a thoughtful and romantic gift. Essential oils come with several benefits. They can help people heal quickly, feel better and even look good. Pick one according to your partner’s needs. You can also use essential oils to give your partner a nice Romance needs no excuses though.
- Be More Responsible: This can be a lovely gift for your partner. He or she would be home alone while you go off to work so make sure to be responsible and check on your partner now and then, and take care of all their needs. Love and attention can help people recover faster. Buying care packages and being there for them can make all the difference.
10. Create a Gift Basket For Anyone
A gift box is a perfect gift, especially when you cannot decide on what to buy. You may pick one of ready to gift baskets off the store or put together your own.
A perfect gift basket is one that you can include anything and as many things as you want. For example, a typical gift box for your partner can consist of flowers, chocolates, teddy bear, and a gift card. A gift box for a child can add his or her favorite superhero action figure, comics, and merchandise.
Be a bit creative, and you can come up with a truly unique gift box.
Help People Heal and Recover
The most important thing is to help people get back into their routine.
While gifts can help in this regard, there are some treatments and kits as well that have been proven to be beneficial in speeding up the recovery process.
One such solution is our Rhinoplasty Recovery Kit. It is perfect for anyone who has had nose surgery, planned or otherwise. It is not only affordable but also works well to assist with the recovery process. You may even make use of our delivery services and send the kit directly to the recipient, along with a gift note.